Except the fact that I do not have any Gochujang (Hot Pepper Paste), the fried rice still turned up well and edible (lol!) Mine made about two servings. I had a serving during dinner and the other serving I packed and stored it in the fridge and had it for lunch the next day.
2 tbsp oil
1 Onion, sliced
1 cup Kimchi
3 tbsp Kimchi juice
2 to 2 1/2 cup white rice
1 tbsp Anchovy Powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Gochujang / Hot Pepper Paste (I skipped this as I didn’t have any handy)
Protein of your choice – you may use half can tuna (remove the water ye!) or as for me, I used some sausages and crabstick
- Heat up your pan / pot with a little bit of vegetable oil.
- Add in the onion and sautee until onion is translucent.
- Add in your protein and cook
- Add in kimchi and fry until it is soft – for about a minute
- Add in rice and kimchi juice. Stir well
- Add in anchovy powder and salt and stir
- If you are adding gochujang, you may add it on this step